It’s spring time, y’all! Technically not yet, but it certainly feels like it. I get such a wonderful response when I share my travels and adventures in the city, so I’ll be dropping some gems this summer as I find them. Whether you’re having a hot girl / city boyz summer or you’re boo’ed up, a good date never hurt anybody. Here are 5 fun places to visit in DC this summer for a date! #AdventureAwaits
$ – low price; $$ – moderate price; $$$ – pricey
1) Go to A Ball Game – $$
Here’s to “America’s pastime!” I’m not necessarily as sports fanatic, but one of the best dates I’ve been on was having lunch and going to a ball game. Granted, I may have had a few margaritas before I set foot in Nationals Stadium (pregame recommended!), but nonetheless it was a great time. Place a spicy bet on the final score, or see who can catch a home-run in the nosebleeds. With good company, you’re sure to have a fun day! (Find deals on seats from StubHub or VividSeats).
2) Get Drinks on a Rooftop – $-$$$
What could be more booj-wah-zhe than getting drinks on top of the city? There are many rooftop bars in the area, all ranging in price.
This date I prefer to do with my girlfriends while drinks are flowing, my hair is blowing in the warm summer wind, and we’re cackling and gossiping the night away. I’ll highlight a couple of my favorites.
- Don Tito’s in Clarendon, VA – Don Tito’s is a Mexican Style restaurant in DC that later turns to a nightclub. While you have to be pretty lit to enjoy the overly-crowded night club full of strange men, the rooftop is really nice. The frozen rosés are to die for, and the food is pretty good too. Munch on korean tacos and down margaritas while the DJ pumps you up with some good music. Get there early on weekends to snag a nice high top table, as it gets rather crowded. (On Tuesdays, they have a summer special with hookah, music, and half-priced tacos!)
- Hotel Hive &Bar – Hotel Hive is a cute boutique hotel, standing tall on the corner of F Street NW. Inside you’ll find an &Pizza along with a rooftop bar with a selection of craft cocktails. While I didn’t have the drinks that day, the atmosphere was nice with plenty of photo ops on the greenery walls.
Here’s a comprehensive list of D.C. rooftops from Washington.org.
3) See an Outdoor Movie – Free
There are so many places around DC that play movies outside for the FREE ninety nine. Pick a movie, check the weather, and pack a picnic basket (or buy a pizza and bring it along!). Here’s a list of nice locations that have a summer movie series:
Movies on the Potomac at National Harbor – Adams Morgan DC – Georgetown Waterfront Park Sunset Cinema – Noma Summer Screen – Capitol Riverfront – Union Market Drive In – Mosaic District Outdoors
4) Snap Your Fingers at a Sultry Jazz Lounge – $$$
A warm and intimate setting, Sotto is one of DC’s coolest live jazz clubs. Local musicians serenade you as you sip on craft cocktails, eat off a curated menu, and bop your head through the night. Tucked on 14th street between Ghibellina and Pearl Dive Oyster Bar, this hidden gem gives off all the speakeasy vibes. You can walk right in if you’d like to listen to music and drink from the bar. However, the best recommendation is to buy tickets through Eventbrite if you’d like to eat at one of their fancy tables. They range in price dependent upon the musician, but even the ones that cost less are fun to watch! With the food, craft cocktails, and music tickets, this is a date best kept for a special someone or a friend.
5) Hover 400 ft. Above DC – $$
The View of DC in Arlington, VA is a 12,000 square feet vantage point for our nation’s capital. See the city in all of its majesty with 360° panoramic views of landmarks and monuments. The venue is open 7 days a week, with free admission for Arlington County residents and $10.00 admission on Fridays (and happy hour!). Go right before sunset to catch the stunning golden hour views, or later in the evening to see the lights. I definitely recommend checking their event calendar to make sure there’s not a private event taking up the space, and purchasing tickets online.
That’s all folks! Remember to subscribe for email notifications for the latest gems. See you on the next post, and enjoy your adventures!
One thought on “5 Fun Dates in the DC Area This Spring 2020”
I see you don’t monetize themarissadaily.com, don’t
waste your traffic, you can earn extra cash every month with new monetization method.
This is the best adsense alternative for any type of website
(they approve all sites), for more details simply search in gooogle: murgrabia’s tools